We’re searching for an experienced Data Engineer that will be responsible to drive the development of Data Pipelines and services with a high degree of ownership to deliver insights and knowledge on consumer IoT data.
Habit Analytics aggregates and analyses data from IoT devices, smart phones and contextual data sources to extract consumer insights which enable new services and data-driven decision making.
We are a fast-paced early-stage startup that believes in providing a positive and exciting workplace. Our team is made up of creative and self-motivated engineers who love to build (and sometimes break) things.
Maintain and evolve the current big data infrastructure having in consideration the data growth requirements.
Implement several components for pattern / trend detection in large volumes of data from different sources.
Set a proper data structure to serve the data insights and visualization requirements.
- Service-oriented mindset to find in the data the most valuable characteristics for our customers
- Inquisitive: exploring, asking questions, doing “what if” analysis questioning existing assumptions
- Autonomy in terms learning and motivation
- Committed to deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
We’re looking for someone that does not simply collect and report on data, but also looks at it from many angles, determines what it means, then recommends ways to apply the data.
- At least 5 years experience in software development
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills with experience proven experience in Python
- Knowledge of data cloud architectures and services
- Proven experience with Big Data ecosystem tools (eg: HDFS, Spark, Kafka, etc.):
- Subscribing to published topics in a streaming platform and work on Avro, Json and Parquet data formats
- Experience in data modeling and pipelines
- Experience with Data Warehouse concepts, ETL and tools:
- Experience in developing SQL database solutions
- Dimension modelling ETL using Python and Spark
- Optimize and performance tune SQL queries to improve response times
- Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms it’s a plus
- Knowledge of
- Third-party OAuth integrations
- Fluent in English.
- Available to work full-time in Lisbon, Portugal.
What we offer
Our team values hard work, but we believe that your best work comes when you're happy and healthy, so we offer top-tier benefits including:
- Health insurance
- 40 days of paid vacation and time off
- transportation stipend
- team building events
- office snacks
- fun work space
- and an absurd amount of chocolate